The Mother’s Wedding Prep Guide: Tanya’s Vegetable Soup
A broth based, veggie filled soup is a great healthy option for lunch or dinner. Soups provide volume without making you feel bloated. Below is the recipe for Tanya’s favorite vegetable soup.
When you are too busy to cook dinner, you will apreciate having a quart of this soup in your freezer and ready to go. Stick it into the fridge in the morning for it to defrost and eat well no matter how busy your day gets.
Find this recipe and more on the F-Factor website.
INGREDIENTS (serves 8):
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups peeled baby carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups celery, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (16-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1.Lightly coat a large stockpot with nonstick cooking spray and place over high heat.
- 2. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- 3. Add the carrots, celery, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, chicken broth, and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5. Add the broccoli, cauliflower and spinach and cook for 5 more minutes.
- 6. Optional, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve.