The Mother’s Wedding Prep Guide: Healthy Biscotti
If you’re craving something a little sweet mid-day or after dinner, we have you covered! Tanya’s Vanilla Almond biscotti are easy to make and delicious! Bonus, they are naturally gluten free!
In the days and weeks leading up to the wedding you may find yourself reaching into your bag for a snack between appointments and fittings or during a late night planning session, these biscotti are the perfect healthier snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. They may even come in handy on the day of the wedding to help satiate a nervous bride who couldn’t eat breakfast or a lightheaded bridesmaid.
Find this recipe and more on the F-Factor website.
INGREDIENTS (serves 16):
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup stevia
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup (3 scoops) Vanilla 20/20 Fiber/Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. With an electric mixer, beat eggs, vanilla extract, stevia and almond extract until frothy. Set aside.
- 3. In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, 20/20 powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4. Add the flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms. Stir in almonds to distribute evenly through the dough.
- 5. Place dough on the lined cookie sheet and form into a long rectangle/ log shape.
- 6. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 20 minutes or until top has browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, while oven stays on.
- 7. Once cooled, slice into 16 1/2-in thin pieces on a slight diagonal. Lay each piece on the side in baking pan and bake slices for an additional 15-20 minutes until toasted.
- 8. Remove from oven and allow to cool.